Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh! No! Results are out!

Alvin Teo, the nene of the century smsed me in the afternoon, totally catching me off guard and cause me to have a near-heart failure.

The results were out.

Why did he have to tell me?! If he didn't tell me, I would have spent my afternoon going out jogging or doing something healthy instead of sitting on my bed poised over my handphone anxiously waiting for the dreaded "R" word.

Enough of the drama.

The results came out. And........ phew, i did okay. I mean, okay for me. I got all Bs and one C+. For an average Singaporean living in Singapore, that's pretty decent! (But if I lived in Australia or America, I'd be dead. I'd be bawling my eyes out wondering what I did to deserve the travesty of the dreaded Bs) So anyways, I made cupcakes in celebration of my oh-so-average results and spent my day moping about why Ikea didn't call me instead. I felt like pulling an Izzy and lying on my bathroom floor. Of course I didn't! I baked instead.

Mini chocolate muffins about the width of a 50 cents coin. So teeny-tinyly cute.I even made icing. Now how much of a home-maker am I?!

Oh but I am depressed. I found out my GPA too. And of course it did improve. By 0.1. Which makes no freaking difference. I'm a 2.59 now.

Don't get me started on why they can't jut round it off to a 2.6. But even if it were a 2.6, my GPA is still pretty crap. You won't see NUS jumping the gun and dragging me into their course. Nooo... Cleo magazine hasn't even replied my email about an internship!

The world is against me.

No wonder I feel so bummed out all the time. Like the world could end.

Jeez. How depressing.

Now if it weren't for Jihan, I'd might have already died. We went exploring Haji Lane and Arab Street and Kampong Glam. It was very fun. We got all sweaty and found a bunch of obscure fun shops. Now if we could just find another place to explore...

But I digress!

I apologise. I shall continue with my complaining.

So NUS will never take me in with my grades, neither will NTU. How will I tell my father? He who has high hopes for me will probably throw a fit that NTU and NUS refuses to take me in. You know, I really regret not studying during my second semester. If I did, my GPA wouldn't have dropped from a 2.8 to a 2.4. Now my future is pretty much set in stone.

The stone of failure.

Oh shoot me! Kill me! Say it isn't so!

You know, in my dream world, where everything's safe and happy: My GPA is a spanking 4.0 and NTU and NUS are vying for me, along with 5 ivy league schools. I'd written a Harry Potter worthy novel and Oprah wanted me on her show. Oh and Kim Kibum and I were dating. and Mitch Hewer was a third wheel.

Oh joy.

But who am I kidding? This is the real world. Life stinks and Dumbledore is gay.

Whatever.

Did I mentioned the Amanda week has gone down the drain and my room is STILL a mess?

- Novel writing, here I come -

No comments: