Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fashion

I'm sad.

Really sad.

Not because I don't have a boyfriend! Not because Grey's Anatomy has started yet! BUT BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD RIVER ISLAND.

I've never wanted to go into the shop because it looks to high-end. I was right. One small step for Singapore's high income people, a giant step for Amanda. I went crazy and decided that maybe just maybe I might be able to afford something there.

Walking in was like walking into Utopia for fashion-wannabes. "Young Folks" (you can click the link to listen) by Peter Bjorn and John was playing! Yes that's right, the very first song from Episode 1 of GOSSIP GIRL! And when I turned my head to the left, there it was, a dress similar to the one that Blake Lively wore to the Teen Choice Awards. It was a rich purple, toga dress. ARGH. How I longed to touch the smooth smooth material that was calling out to me.

But of course, I could never afford it, why tempt myself right? So i made my way to the cottons. They're bound to be cheaper right? Wrong, the first shirt I picked up, cotton, plain, black. It costs 66 dollars. $66!! Who would WANT to buy it?! I could get the same on for 5 dollars at Bedok Interchange.

But then, I found a great outfit there, long sleeve shirt, grey sleeveless top to wear over, and denim shorts. SO NICE. I was tempted to stuff it into my bag and run out of the shop. But no! Because I'm morally upright I walked out sniffing sadly. (haha who am i kidding?) The entire outfit would have cost about 200 bucks.

You can just kill me now.

Why?! WHY DO THEY TORTURE ME SO?! Tempting me with my new fav. television show bits and pieces! Tempting me with pretty pretty clothes that are so so soft and so so pretty.

Another company I like that torture me, Urban Outfitters. Here's the thing, THEY DON'T HAVE ONE IN SINGAPORE. And besides if they had one, I'll never be able to afford anything anyway. I saw this razor-back hoodie that looked so pretty, but they don't ship to Singapore.

No. No. It's okay. I don't need comforting. JUST GET ME TO HARBOURTOWN FOR CHRISTMAS. I love harbourtown, they have topshop clothes for like 5 freaking dollars. SO AWESOME.

And I wanna go buy hats. I seem to have developed a weird obsession with them lately. I have like 4 caps, 2 page boy caps, and I borrowed Nazrin's fedora. It's just so pretty, and it goes with my silver vest. TSK. I wanna get MORE.

ONE DAY RIVER ISLAND! One day I'll walk in and buy a WHOLE outfit! *cue evil laughter* nothing NOTHING will stop me!

- the evils of shopping -

No comments: