Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Tales of Beedle The Bard

While many people have weaknesses for Chocolate, boys, eyes, etc.

I have one big big weakness.

One that many people know about.

One that caused me to lose ALL my money for a long period of time.

One that gave me the strength to queue up overnight.

It is.

The one, the only.

HARRY POTTER

The joy it has spread to the world! God bless you JK Rowling. Well, another amazing spin-off has emerged from the depths of the author-richer-than-the-queen's home. A book she only let out to some close friends of her's has finally been distributed worldwide! And as ever, this kind, and caring author is donating the proceeds from this book to Children's High Level Group.
(collector's edition! THE ONE I'M GETTING!)





What is this book? It was mentioned in Deathly Hallows as well! "The Tales Of Beedle the Bard". *screams*

JOY! Is saw the collector's edition and I had to have it! I mean, I've been dying to read it! Maybe... Some awesome coincidence made me pick up Deathly Hallows a few days before the article came out.

Harry Potter has touched my heart a gazillion times and it's the fairy tale that i'm going to read to my kids for bedtime. Now. There's a book of fairytales to go along with it! I... I'm so happy. I could cry.

(Here's what the whole package will look like)



I mean. It's ridiculous that I'm spending a hundred dollars on five stories and a book that could fit into my palm. But. It is THE book. (only overshadowed by the Bible!) I have to it!

Here's a brief history on the Tales of Beedle The Bard.

While we have Snow White and The Seven Dwarves (or as Ron says, "What's that? An illness?") wizarding children have The Tales of Beedle The Bard. a collection of fairy tales with one surpassing all the others. The story of the three brothers who defied death. And the reward that Death gave them. The Deathly Hallows. (it's the crux of Dumbledore's research and pains!) The Hallows were made up of the Resurrection Stone, The Cloak of Invisibility and The Elder Wand. Each had different properties to help the brother's continue to defy death.

Amazingly enough, these three Hallows are what brought the whole story to an end. A fairytale to end a fairytale.


- it'll always be MY baby -

No comments: