Sunday, July 20, 2008

why's his eyes a different colour?

If Kristen was 18 and she asked this question she'll probably be faced with charges of racism or something equally hideous.

She's lucky she's only five.

Was serving in church today, thank God I managed to wake up! I'm such a lazybum. Sander, this new kid came in. His parents are American if I'm not wrong. He has the most beautiful blueish-greenish eyes ever and the softest blondest hair! (I'm probably being biased cause he's like the first ang mor kid I've taken care of haha) ALL KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL IN GOD'S EYES OKAY! mine too.

He wasn't keen on sitting on his own for the first time, so I hung out with him. I'm proud to say he was quite attached to me! See... Now I miss IKEA. I wanna go back and work at smalland! *sighs* children are so cute.

Anyways, that major cutie was sitting on my lap when Kristen comes up and scrutinizes his eyes.

Kristen: "Teacher..."

Me: "Yes dear?"

Kristen: "How come his eyes different colour? Mine is black colour.'

TIO STUNNED!

Me: "Well.. God made us all different. So he gave us all different coloured eyes too."

Kristen: she frowns and leans forward to scrutinize more. "Your eyes and my eyes black colour..."

TIO STUNNED AGAIN!

Me: " Urm... No.. Your eyes are brown! See... We're all different!" I try this in hope that she won't realize I have no idea what to say.

Inevitably, it ends in failure. Kristen looks at me, clearly not believing a word I say, saunters off to listen to SuZhen tell the bible story of the day.

Oh the embarrassment.

To be shamed by a 5 year old girl...

ANYWAYS! Moral of the story is: Next time when you get married and have tiny tots. Teach them that everyone is unique and different coloured eyes are perfectly fine! tsktsk.

-
He loves me not. and probably never -

No comments: