Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The sound! The NOISE!

Today must be my unlucky day.

I woke up to the strains of someone singing "As The Deer". I love this old hymn, but I absolutely would love to personally head downstairs and strangle the tone-deaf, screeching person downstairs.

So i struggle out of bed, go about doing my regular human time, (Edward doesn't need human time... So he waits for Bella instead!!) finally plonk myself in front of my laptop to start on the long overdue Film Theory Term Paper a.k.a. FTTP.

So I get started on the FTTP, armed with the Grease VCD in hand, a ton of websites opened, my library books at the side, a cold drink and a sandwich at my other side.

THEN, it starts.

The drilling! The minuet clack clack of a drill starting on some tiles, then the full blown roar of the dangerous machine. Then it starts moving downwards, the sound drills into my brain drowning out the sweet strains of Olivia Newton John singing "Hopelessly devoted to you... oooooo..." HELLO! How am I supposed to feel her emotions and write about it when all I can hear are the thuds and the overly enthusiastic cracking of tiles?

Finally, it stops, so I rewind and start again, the "dum chak dum dum chak" starts. I glare out of my tiny window to the corner house where I believe an idiot is thumping away at a drum set. HE'S MOVING TO THE WRONG BEAT OF "HOPELESSLY DEVOTED"! How, am I, supposed to watch my damn movie. Even employing the use of the greatest invention God has ever allowed on our blue planet. Headphones! Yet. The damn drums penetrate the pink perfection nestled on my ears!

Oh woe is me.

Maybe He's telling my to wait for Jihan to get to my house first then get started on the crap FTTP.

NAHH... We're supposed to be doing other stuff! Like movies and shite.

Anyways for people who are doing FTTP on old movies, check out this website ->
http://70s.fast-rewind.com/

and
http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/

this website is just fun to visit. It has LAVA LAMPS! oo.... lumpy bits of wax get me high.

- shut up and listen. -

No comments: